Thursday, May 26, 2011

I was in a vampire town

Bella's truck
Bella's truck too


Vampire love
So I know absolutely nothing about the "Twilight Saga", but apparently the town of Forks, Washington is kind of important, as are these two trucks. I was quite surprised to find a couple of middle-aged women at a Ranger station in Olympic National Park had come all the way from Germany to see this little town, and when I got to the Forks Chamber of Commerce, a couple of minivans had pulled up and these families were eagerly taking pictures of these two trucks, which I had thought to be junk yard refugees. According to the ranger, in previous years an average of 12,000 people had signed the guestbook annually at the Forks Chamber of Commerce; since the Twilight books and the movies came out, that number had jumped up to ~68,000. Huh, go figure...
Vampire info

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you now have a blog! I read the Twilight series and I'm afraid to admit but I'm a fan so this is exciting news for me :-)

    ReplyDelete