Monday, August 1, 2011

More BC Wandering

Raid the North Extreme is over and done with, having finished a couple of days ago in Trail, BC. I actually completed my volunteer stint a couple of days earlier and didn't stick around to see how it turned out. Hopefully I'll get a chance to post a bit more about the experience in the near future, but to sum it up in a few words: wet, cold, sauna, sleep deprivation, work.
At the start line
Race start
I spent the past couple of nights in an awesome little (free!) campsite by a lake near Radium Hot Springs in BC, and now I'm off to see if I can get into the Bugaboos. Might also do an overnight paddle down the Columbia River if I can find a suitable outfitter. Should have enough to do before I meet my folks at the end of the week in Banff...
Benchland Lake Reflections
View from My Campsite - Botts Lake Reflection

No comments:

Post a Comment