Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Gatineau Mud

Lauriault trail waterfall
I went up to Gatineau Park on one of the rare nice spring days that I've experienced since returning to Ottawa. Should've known that the trails were going to be a bit wet... Regardless, I forged ahead and took my leisurely time walking the Lariault Trail, which starts and ends at the MacKenzie King Estate. One of the attractions of this trail is the small stream that it follows for much of its distance, which opens up into a dramatic waterfall. Along this trail I was treated to a couple of wildlife encounters, including a patient and photogenic garter snake and many woodpeckers of a type that I'm not familiar with. Alas, when I reviewed my woodpecker pictures I realized that I'd left the Image Stabilization feature of my camera "off" and hence they all ended up blurry.

No comments:

Post a Comment